Be Present

 

Fun Fact: June marked 2 years since I left Michigan to serve with Envision Cleveland. 

Family and Friends
Greetings to you from Envision Cleveland. 
In these last couple of months, I have been pondering more about The Alliance Mission theme: Be Present. 
What does Being Present mean? What does it look like from day to day?  
I’ve realized that Being Present is being obedient to where God has called me to in order to do life with the people God has placed before me and develop relationships with them.

 John Stumbo said, “Bringing the Gospel to people and places where the message of Christ is not yet known… The mission of God is fulfilled through us as we live out what it means to Be Present, just as Christ was.” 

Although the Gospel is accessible to many people in Cleveland and the United States, many hearts are also hardened to receive the gospel.
 - Would you continue to pray for our team as we continue to engage with our community and be present in Cleveland? 
 

Romans 10:13-15
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

One way YOU could be present with us on the field is by coming to visit us and physically be a part of the work God is doing. It's also a huge encouragement to me and my team when we see familiar faces of friends and family coming alongside us on-site. Short-term trips are available with limited slots. Check out our calendar for availability: https://mailchi.mp/e542d4bb8c5b/2024-trips-schedule
Be encouraged. Ministry and Mission can be done regardless of our age when we say yes to joining God on mission. 

Being Present looks a little like this and so much more that is not captured on photos, but imprinted in my heart. 




For the past 4 years, Envision Cleveland has faithfully helped our friend Onesime, a widower from D.R. Congo, with learning to adjust to living in his new country. We recently were blessed to celebrate him becoming a new homeowner! It took many months, but Onesime persevered through many failed offers, to finally have a place that he can call his permanent home and have peace. For years he experienced daily uncertainty when forced from his home in Congo. We took communion together and prayed blessings over his family and new home. And this past Spring, after three years of delays, he and his son FINALLY received their green cards!

A small glimpse of what life and ministry has looked like in the last year. 




Lastly, I want to share a short video of what Being Present in Cleveland has looked like for Envision Cleveland. These are just not people in the community, but they have become our friends and family. 



Hallelujahs and Prayers

~Hallelujahs~
  • Health
  • A community of people near and far to come around me with prayers and encouragement. 
  • Ongoing friendships with many of our neighborhood families.
  • Conversations about Christianity/ prayers with Muslim friends. 
  • Opportunities to share the work God is doing through Alliance Missions with different platforms.
~ Prayers~
  • Travel mercy as I will be on the road quite a bit towards the end of August through November for different conferences. 
  • New Site Vehicles- We have been having issues with the site van that we use for family and refugee engagements. 
  • Ongoing conversations about Jesus. 
Where To Next? 

As we start to talk about "To the Hard Places", would you pray about where God is calling you next? Maybe start asking God to reveal to you where are the hard places that need to hear the Gospel. Where and what are the hard areas in our life? How can you be obedient to God's calling in your life? 
Funding Support Testimony

 I want to take a moment to give GLORY to our God. 
When I came to Envision Cleveland two years ago, I knew I had to raise funds to serve with Envision Cleveland. Throughout the whole process, I had so many doubts. I doubted myself and had such little faith that fundraising would work out for me, but I witnessed God's goodness over and over again through it all. 
The lies I was telling myself were crushed by the truths God was revealing to me. - Amen

Almost a year ago, I started my fundraising journey with the help of a friend (Praise God for a faithful friend)! I really couldn't have done it without her encouragement and keeping me accountable! The whole fundraising journey was hard and scary, but it has been so humbling to share the work God is doing and invite others to join God's mission. 

By the Grace of God, and through many of your prayers, faithfulness, and generosity, I am still here at Envision Cleveland. Your generous support has allowed me to remain present at Envision Cleveland in the last two years, going on year three. Your generous support has allowed me to establish relationships and share Jesus with different communities in Cleveland. Your generosity has allowed me to love and serve my team, community, and short-term teams well. 
I am thankful for each of you and your congregation. 

As of today, I am almost fully funded. Below is a breakdown of where I'm at with my funding support. 
Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me monthly and joining in on the work God is doing at Envision Cleveland?  

Please reach out to me with any questions.
You may access my support link by clicking on the "Give" button below. Your support makes all the difference to the ministries at Envision Cleveland. Let's take the Gospel to all nations together. 

Thank you.

Give

In Serving Together,

Seng Sheng Chang

Feel free to write to me. I would love to hear what God is doing in your life as well.
You may also contact me via email at sengchang@envisioncleveland.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Envision Cleveland Summer Recap

Still Chasing Sunrise

And that's a wrap!