What's giving you Joy today?

Just a random blog about yesterday. 

As I was taking one of our ESOL student home last night, I noticed this guy walking on the sidewalk with a huge grin on his face, then I saw what he was carrying and it all made sense why he was so happy! In his hand was a huge fish, maybe about the same length as his arm. (This area of Cleveland is within a mile from Lake Erie) His joy was so contagious, Midiam and I just looked at each other and smiled with him. After dropping Midiam off at home, I saw that guy walking home happily. It was as if he was dancing with joy. I wished I had taken a photo of him to share, but I was too focused on getting to a gas station because I only had 13 miles of gas left in my car. Regardless of my situation of running low on gas because I forgot to get gas before heading out for ESOL class last night, I am thankful I was asked to take Midiam home. Otherwise I would have missed out on seeing this fisherman walking home with his catch. 
 
Point is... I think the Lord was trying to teach me a lesson here... to remember to remain joyful. I know it's hard to see the joy in our lives when we're doing the same things over and over, or going through a hard season in our lives. I was reminded to find joy in the little things. I'm reminded to celebrate the little things in life. I pray that I remain joyful in all seasons, even when it's uncomfortable and unclear for me. 

What's giving you joy today? Feel free to share them with me, so I can celebrate with you and share your joy! How can I be praying for you too? 
#JoyComesInTheMorning


Join me me in thanksgiving for:
  • a peace at heart during my transitions
  • new friendships
  • opportunities to share about Envision Cleveland
  • opportunities to travel... mainly for work
  • returning ESOL students
  • opportunities to share what God has been doing in my life
  • traveling experiences
  • providing for my needs
  • giving affirmations through different resources
Join me in Prayers for:
  • up-coming summer short-term teams
  • my support fundraising
  • well-being of my parents
  • our Envision Cleveland Staff
  • new opportunity to connect with churches and other people
  • a home church here in Cleveland
  • a community to do life with
  • My MSP class... I need lots of self-discipline and focus. 
Lastly, THANK YOU to those who have supported me financially and encouraged me to keep going. To those who reached out to just check in with me, sent me text, emailed, messaged, called, sent a card, and simply just letting me know that you are praying for me and with me. Your prayers holds me up the most in this season. To those who have championed me on. I'm thankful for each of you! 

"Be Joyful in Hope, Patient in affliction, Faithful in Prayer." - Romans 12:12





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Envision Cleveland Summer Recap

Still Chasing Sunrise

And that's a wrap!